Friday, November 21, 2008

Going hunting again...

There is a cold front coming through tonight. In the words of my Grandfather, it's going to be as cold as a well digger's butt. Hunting is always good after a front, so I hope it all works out. This weekend is going to be hard core hunting weekend. I'm going alone. No wife, no kids, and no Chihuahua. Just me, a rifle, some Little Debbie's, and a box of Diet Cokes.
Last weekend, we had some unexpected visitors at the ranch. The exotic ranch (drive-thru safari joint) about a mile away recently bought 100 acres that adjoins our ranch. They had a jailbreak, and these dudes were hanging around:







Of course, I wasn't there. My bro-in law and his family were there and they took these pictures. Their boys apparently thought the camels were cool. Being that they were from the exotic ranch, they associate people and cars with food, so they mobbed anyone that left the house and followed the cars. In the middle pic above, Ron has some feed in his truck, and they are working to convince him that it belongs to them. The owners came back and got them, Saturday. I wonder if they will escape again? How many people can say they have had camels roaming their ranch?

2 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You ought to take some rum and a clock.

MELackey said...

that's just wrong (besides, it was Bourbon).