Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Successful Hunt...

The weekend hunt at the ranch was great. I didn't kill the big one, but I did come back with meat in the cooler in the form of a cull buck. I'm about to drop him off at the processor to have some tamales made. I've never had tamales made, so we'll see how this works out.

I'll give more details about Saturday evenings hunt. It was the wildest hunt I've ever had, but I'm pressed for time right now.

We're loading the truck and leaving in the next few minutes to head out to my parents ranch out in Rocksprings (6 or so hours West). Their ranch is 1100 acres with 12 owners (Shelly's dad and grandfather are also partners). In addition to white-tail deer, they also have Axis deer. Shelly is also planning to hunt, and I know from experience, if you want to put meat on the ground, put Shelly on the stand with a rifle. She only hunts once every other year or so, but she has killed one just about every time.

I'll give a full report when we get back. I'm sure there will be some interesting stories to tell since the cabin has no phone, no TV, and no cell phone service. It's also pretty small.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

No comments: