Friday, November 06, 2009

I really don't remember teaching him THAT...

Ok, I'm the first to admit that I've taught Matthew some things that could be considered questionable. I think the best one so far has been teaching him to say "impressive" after cutting a good one. Another one is when he goes #2. He still needs a little help on the clean-up job after #2, and on occasion he will say "I took a REALLY big dump this time" (he emphasises the "really").

Well, that's just funny and hasn't really gotten me in trouble. Last night was something that caught me a little off guard, but it was hard to give him a lesson on it when I was laughing so hard while telling him to stop saying it.

I was giving him a bath. I don't know why our best stories happen at bath time, they just seem to work out that way. Anyway, after washing his hair, I typically pour a couple of buckets of water over his head to rinse the shampoo out. The water was a little warm (he drew his own water and he tends to like it kind of warm). He said it was too hot on his head and he wanted cold water. So, I filled the bucket with water as cold as I could make it, then dumped it over his head.

After splashing around trying to get out of the cold water deluge, he sputtered a little and said "That froze my NUTS off" (yes, he emphasized the word "nuts"). Ok, I can honestly say that I SERIOUSLY don't remember teaching him THAT. I asked him where he learned that (in between bursts of laughter - which only made him repeat it LOUDER). Of course, he said he learned it from me. I guess I need to be really careful. LUCKILY I don't have a potty mouth or I would be in some serious trouble.

No comments: