Monday, June 21, 2010

The apple doesn't fall far...



This last weekend was a busy weekend for out little family. I started Saturday morning doing a few "guy" errands. The truck needed to be inspected and it needed new tires. From there I went down to get a pedicure, or as my blog buddy Wreggie calls it, "Foot Detailing."

OK, I'm a manly man as much as the next guy. I always had my ideas about the types of guys getting pedicures. Yeah, I'm sure THOSE guys get them also while they are getting their manicures. The difference is that I don't get pink polish on my toes...

Let me tell you, this pedicure was something special. After the toe treatment, leg massage, and foot massage, she did a hot stone massage on my legs and feet. At some point after that, I had each foot in a plastic bag filled with hot wax, a hot moist towel wrapped around each leg, and she was giving me a shoulder massage. Oh, yeah, I'm going back there again.

After all of that, I came crashing back into reality by going refrigerator shopping.


So, we're all in Sears checking out the refrigerators. Jonathan is in a buggy. (Shopping cart for the Yankees reading). Matthew is keeping him entertained near where we were looking at the fridges with the salesman. At one point, Shelly and I went one aisle over to check out one more model, and I walked into a cloud. It wasn't me, that much I was sure of.

Of course, being the amazing husband that I am, and because Shelly had not already blamed me, I asked her if it was her. Well, not exactly. I blamed her. The salesman wasn't on that aisle, so it was just us. And this was an adult sized cloud. She took offense at the mere insinuation that she had ever farted at any time, much less in public. It was then that I realized that my 2 boys were a few feet away, quietly playing with their toys (Jonathan still in the buggy, Matthew still right next to him).

I asked Matthew if he had tooted. He smiled.... He KNEW it was a good one.... No doubt, that boy is DEFINITELY my son.

About that time, the salesman was coming around one end of the aisle, and I beat a path around the other side with the boys. I don't think Shelly ever realized why I walked back around the corner, or what had happened. All I know is that the salesman entered the cloud, and the kids and I were gone, with just Shelly left within his sight...

Poor girl, I don't know how she puts up with me.

3 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I go once a month for foot detailing.

Ty Camp said...

I think I can safely say I would no longer be alive if I EVER did that to Amanda. Shelly is indeed something special!

MELackey said...

2 things going for me here...

1. It wasn't me that farted.

2. Shelly was so involved in checking out the refrigerators that she really didn't notice what happened.

Since she doesn't read this blog (she doesn't appreciate the humor in here), she likely will never realize just what happened. She has no idea that the Indian guy thinks she bombed out the applaince section at Sears.