Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm not good with numbers...

Yesterday afternoon, I was at Home Depot getting the blinds cut to fit the windows. I guess it's asking too much to actually have someone there that knows how to do this job. I went in with the measurement of 42 1/4 inches wide for the new blinds. I went to the blind aisle and punched the little button for assistance. The girl that came to help had evidently just fallen off the turnip wagon. She started with a set of blinds 45.5 inches wide. When I told her I needed 42 1/4, she was completely bumfuzzled about what to do. She mumbled something about not being very good with numbers, then pulled out a tape measure and stretched it out. She then proceeded to ask me which little marking was a quarter inch. Holy crap. How do you work at Home Depot and not know how to read a tape measure? It was very confidence inspiring to say the least.

This girl had no idea. She ruined a set of blinds before she finally let me help her with the measurement and set the machine. For the rest of you that aren't good with numbers, that's 1 5/8 off each end. That's the 10th little black line between 1 and 2 on the tape measure.

No comments: