Thursday, January 01, 2009

Suicide Bombers and the 72 Virgin Reward...


I'm not Muslim. I don't plan to convert to Islam. Just for my own personal wisdom, I should probably study a little about it, but if I don't find or make the time to properly read and study my own religion, I'm sure not going to become well versed in the Koran.


How did we get on this subject anyway? Well, it was a topic of discussion amongst a couple of friends tonight at a little get together. One of my friends happens to work with my bro-in-law, James (Sister's husband). Apparently James was on vacation earlier in the week, and they took the family for a little ride down to Galveston to see what is left of the island. While they were down there, they took the ferry across the bay to the Bolivar Peninsula.


At some point, they were stopped by Homeland Security folks and had to have the vehicle searched. I guess they are on high alert for Jihadists. I guess they have to be careful not to be accused of racial profiling, so they have to stop a unlikely looking group every now and then. Seriously, see the pic below. Not your typical terrorists...
















Ok, to be fair, you could probably call at least 2, no make that all 3 of the kids "terrors", but not really terrorists (although Allison will need to be watched closely as she gets older...). Probably put them on the "do not fly" list also, but that's mainly for the sanity of the other passengers...

Anyway, we were talking a little tonight about the supposed rewards for suicide bombers, and in typical guy fashion, the only reward that was discussed was the 72 virgins. Being guys, we're thinking that there are quite a few questions to be answered before strapping on the dynamite...

Do you get to pick your own virgins? Eternity is too long to be stuck with an ugly woman, virgin or not...

72 sounds like quite a few, but we're talking for all of eternity here. Is 72 really enough?

Is it the same 72 for all of eternity, or do you get to rotate a few of them out from time to time to bring a fresh batch in?

Honestly, there are other concerns that "arise" from such a situation... Is there a ready supply of little blue pills? I mean, that's not a problem very often, but as the country song goes "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was..."

Of course, when they do blow themselves up, wouldn't it be great if they received their 72 virgins in the form 90 yr old Nuns? Hey, that's what they get for not specifying the ages of their virgins...

Yes, for the record, our wives think we are nuts...

1 comment:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I'd rather have 72 women with experience.