Thursday, December 25, 2008

Playing Santa...

Tonight we had Christmas gathering #4. This one was with Shelly's immediate family. We arrived home around 10:00 and hurried to get Matthew bathed and in bed. I read him the story of Baby Jesus out of his children's Bible, and he went to sleep fairly quickly.

Jonathan is not quite so easy to get to sleep. It's now 1:48 Am and he is still WIDE awake. I swear that kid never sleeps. Hopefully he will crash soon, but he's not showing signs of it right now.

After we were certain Matthew was fast asleep, I went out and retrieved all of the presents out of my trunk. It was pretty funny that Jonathan watched me put together all of the Santa Clause toys. Heck, he's already played with everything.

I started on the first present. A large box containing MANY pieces. The box said "partially assembled". Partially assembled? Which part? I think there was something like 100 pieces. I laid all of the pieces out, looked at the directions, then looked for the screws to attach the parts together. No screws. I tear apart all of the pieces, all of the packing materials, etc. we're not talking 3 or 4 screws, we're talking a butt load of screws. I enlisted Shelly's help, and we finally found them. Taped to the bottom inside part of the box. It's late, and I'm tired. I wouldn't be a bit surprised of those bums over at Fisher Price did that on purpose. Probably a couple of Jewish guys over there laughing about jacking with some unsuspecting Christian that is up late putting this stuff together for the secular celebration of Christmas. (Please don't take offense if you are Jewish. It's a JOKE)

Thankfully, after the rough start, everything went smoothly. I even was able to polish off a plate of cookies with a glass of milk. Not a bad day to be Santa. I do have to say, this is one of the fun parts of being a daddy. The look of wonder on 7 month old Jonathan's face when he saw his toys coming together was priceless. I'm sure Matthew will be equally thrilled when he sees his gifts in the morning.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, filled with all of the love and laughter that you can handle.

I'll leave you with a picture we took of our munchkins last week in front of the Christmas tree.


No comments: