Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Still 10 toes...

Just a short update... We went to see the pediatrician today and the prognosis is a little better than what we were expecting. Last night when I changed the bandage, the end of the toe looked pretty white / gray and not pink like the rest of the toe. I didn't touch it more than necessary to change put more medicine and wrap it again.

When the Dr. looked at it this morning, he pushed on the end and said it was "blanching" a little (think the difference in color when you push on your skin with your finger), so it's possible that blood is flowing into the tip and it will heal.

We have a follow-up appointment next Tuesday to check again. We're praying that all will heal. (the nail growing back eventually would be a good bonus as well.

More later.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Wow, what a story! I'm glad Matthew's toe is showing signs of healing and will hold you all in my thoughts.

I don't blame you for being pi$$ed off about the cop, either. Surely they aren't trained to impede getting emergency care for an injured person, especially a child? Grrr.

Thanks for leaving your blog address on my last post. It reminded me to catch up on your site.

MELackey said...

I guess in all fairness, I should mention that I vented a little to the ER Dr. He mentioned that in Copperas Cove and Killeen (we were in Copperas Cove), the heavy military population means many people are under stress, with a great number being young with kids, no help, and a parent deployed for long periods of time. Unfortunately, the kids sometimes catch the rough part of the stress, so they are very sensitive to injuries involving children.

I understand better now, but I'm still a litle offended all the same.