Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's the fascination with Europe?

This has been going on for years, and it pisses me off. Have you ever noticed how many products on the market have "Euro" as part of their name? Is that supposed to make them better? Of course, these are not European products, they are just marketing to the more "progressive" among us that think Europeans are somehow more advance than Americans.

Of course, this is bull. Americans are light years ahead of most of Europe. When I think of Europe, I first think of France. Sure, France has been settled longer than the USA, but what do they have? Wine? Cheese? What else? Sure they have Peugeot and Renault. Yes, those are 2 automobiles known for their quality. They don't sell them here anymore because they were CRAP.

just tonight I saw a commercial on TV for a children's cough syrup. It was a good ad until they said that this product is the same product used by mothers in Europe for more than 30 years to treat kids coughs and allergies. Excuse me? Medical advice from Europe? They send all of their medical students here to the USA to learn modern medicine.

Does this bug any of you? I actually make it a point not to buy any product with "Euro" in the name. Probably makes no difference, but it does make me feel better.

No comments: