Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bright idea by a dim bulb...

Ever have an idea that you think is pretty slick and have it not work out so well? I do every now and then. Today was one of those times.

I shave with an electric razor. Usually I shave in the car, but today I shaved while sitting on the couch while watching the NASCAR race. I needed to clean the "crumbs" out of the razor. Normally, I tap the razor on the bottom of my shoe onto the floor mat of the car. When in the house, I tap it on the edge of the bathroom sink and then rinse the sink afterwards. Today, I had a stroke of brilliance (be afraid). I decided to tap it on the edge of the commode, with the thought that I could just flush it and not have to rinse the sink. Can you see where this is headed...

One of the taps hit the little button that releases the top of the razor, giving access to the blades. Before I could catch it, the top fell on the water. Thankfully, the toilet was clean and recently flushed, or it would have been a bad situation..

I'm happy to report that all parts have been cleaned and dried, and it still works fine. Mark that down as another bright idea that wasn't quite as bright as I thought.

No comments: