Friday, August 29, 2008

Can't take me anywhere...

Shelly asked me a little while ago if I had blogged about what happened at dinner last night. I guess now I have to tell the story.

We were having dinner last night at Macaroni Grill. I suppose they are everywhere, but for those not familiar, it's a decent Italian chain restaurant. Their grilled pork chops with rosemary balsamic graze are excellent, especially served with the mushroom risotto. Anyway, that's what we ordered.

Just after our food arrived, I started to sneeze. I couldn't stop sneezing. I was trying to sort of hold them back, but after 3 or 4 stifled sneezes, all hell broke loose. The last sneeze wouldn't be stifled. It was a big one, so big that the pressure caused another pressure leak. Folks, that was one of the biggest, loudest farts I have let go in a long time, and it happened simultaneously with the big sneeze. Of course, I didn't hear anything but the sneeze, Shelly heard it all. I'm sure everyone around us heard it all.

Of course, Shelly and I couldn't stop laughing. We couldn't even look at each other for the rest of dinner without cracking up.

Sort of embarrassing, but pretty funny as well.

At least it didn't smell....

No comments: