Friday, August 29, 2008

Piggy's Bottom...

Since we have another holiday weekend, I decided I wanted to smoke another pork butt to make some more pulled pork. The night before putting the meat on to smoke, I coat the meat with a quite generous helping of a dry rub, making sure to get it into all of the little nooks and crannies of the meat. After coating, I wrap the meat tightly in a couple of layers of Saran Wrap then put it in the fridge to get happy with that dry rub.

While I was unwrapping the meat from the butcher paper to get ready to season it, Matthew asked me what that was. I told him it was a Pig's bottom. Of course, every story we've read and every DVD he has watched lately it seems has talked about "piggies", so Matthew wanted to see the piggy. Not much to see, but he made several comment's about the poor piggy missing his bottom, and how I came to be in possession of the piggy's bottom. The meat market I like to use is near the in-law's house, and I had my father-in-law pick the butt up for me yesterday, so of course, I blamed it on Doc.

I wonder what Matthew will tell Doc next time he sees him? Should be interesting.

Even funnier, Matthew walked into the living room as I'm typing this entry and informed me that he doesn't like piggy hiney, hamburgers, or deer. Sounds like the kid is going to be a little hungry...

No comments: