Sunday, August 03, 2008

Riding horses... Or not.

Earlier in the year, Shelly and I took Matthew for a weekend getaway at the Hyatt Lost Pines resort outside of Austin. I have to say that although it's not cheap, that is a really nice place. We think it's quite a bit nicer than the Hyatt Hill Country resort in San Antonio. They have all sorts of neat things to do. The pool is top notch with a water slide and a lazy river, the golf course is supposedly quite good, and Shelly gave the spa a thumbs-up. They also have horseback riding.

We didn't have time to ride the horses that particular weekend, but I thought that would be a neat thing to look into on a future trip...until I read the fine print. The horses have a weight limit of 250 lbs. Man, how bad is it when you weigh too much to ride a stinkin' horse. I'll admit, I'm a big guy. I need to lose weight, but horses are BIG animals. Surely they could handle my 270 lbs without that much trouble.

Of course, this is near Austin, which is basically the Texas version of San Francisco. Maybe those horses are not quite as tough as you think...

No comments: