Sunday, September 14, 2008

Damn. Just Damn... Damn...

The in-laws decided to stay at our house tonight since our power was back on. We were loading up to leave my parents house to head home, so the in-laws decided to head over and wait in the driveway until we got home. Well, we loaded all of our crap, the kids, and Sweetie the Chihuahua up and were on the way home when Doc (father-in-law) called me to say the power was out at my house. Damn.

Shelly was in her truck ahead of me, so I called her and had her take the next exit while I called the neighbor to get the scoop. Apparently the power was on from about 4:30 until 8:30, then out again. To top it all off, while we were sitting in the edge of the Home Depot parking lot, the rent-a-cop came up and reminded me that the area is under curfew and we would have to move along. Damn.

So, we're back here at my parents house. Luckily, my sister let us have the bedroom back that we had been staying in. Normally we would each have a room, but my grandfather is here and he outranks us all in the bedroom pecking order.

Oh, and to top it all off, Shelly had to take Jonathan to the walk-in-clinic today. Pink-eye. Damn. A 4 month old crammed in a house with a total of 7 adults and 5 kids and he has pink-eye on top of the cold he already had.

I can't wait for the fun to be over so we can get back to normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and shelly and the kids, or your in-laws or anyone that needs it is welcome to stay here. We have two spare rooms and bathrooms. We are glad to help anyway we can. We also have laundry services if anyone needs that. Let us know.

Joanna

Anonymous said...

yep...just remember...we get to pick what room we want at the next family Christmas, or Kirbyville gathering. I like being on the receiving end of favors.