Saturday, December 06, 2008

Gotta have a LONG talk with that boy one of these days...

Several Months ago, I bought Matthew a little fishing pole to use at the ranch. The last time we used it, we were in my car, so it was still in the trunk. This morning, when we were loading the coolers full of tamales in my trunk, he found the fishing pole and wanted to have it inside the car. There is no hook on it, just a little weighted disk to use for practicing casting, so I figured it was safe enough. Other than being pegged in the back of the head a couple of times, there were no problems.

At one point, we were sitting at a red light and there was a girl in the car next to us. Matthew said he was going to use his fishing pole and catch the girl in the next car.

Me: How are you going to catch her with that fishing pole?

Matthew: Well, you have to roll down my window and I'll catch her.

Me: what are we going to do with her after you catch her?

Matthew: We're going to take her home and wrap her up.

I'm starting to get a little concerned here, but I'm playing along to see where this goes.

Me: What are we going to wrap her up with?

Matthew: That rope you have in the garage.

Ok, this is going down hill fast. I mean, she's not really even good looking. We sure don't need an ugly chick tied up around our house... At this point, I have Shelly on the cell phone while I'm asking the questions and we're laughing at his responses.

Upon further questioning, his plan was first to give the tied up woman to Sweetie the Chihuahua, then let her stay in the backyard apparently to play with Sweetie.

Interesting. Not exactly what I... Well, never mind...

Man, the things that go through the mind of a 4 yr old with an active imagination...

No comments: