Friday, June 27, 2008

Dang it....

I got home this evening, and the weather was actually pleasant. That's rare around here this time of the year. We've had quite a bit of rough weather lately, so that was probably the reason.

As I was sitting on the sofa perusing the e-mail, I would swear the weather guy on TV said that we were done with the rain and would be getting the heat again. Armed with that news, I headed down to the auto parts place and got a fresh jug of car wash soap. When I got home, I washed the Expedition. Matthew "helped". I even scrubbed the tires and cleaned all the little crevices on the wheels. After washing it, I dried it top to bottom, making sure to open all doors and wipe out the jambs. It looks sharp. I even put the gel stuff on the tires to make them shine.

The whole time I was working on cleaning the truck, Shelly sat in a lawn chair with Jonathan watching me clean her truck. After I finished and was about to pull it back in the garage, she said it was going to be a shame that it was going to be nasty weather all weekend and get it dirty again...

WHAT? NO!!! The weather dude said hot and sunny... Apparently I was mistaken. The 10:00 forecast just told me it would start raining tomorrow afternoon.

Isn't that just about how things work out lately? And Shelly sat there watching me the whole time knowing I was wasting my time...

No comments: