Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day...

Last night I cooked my own Father's day meal, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Dinner was charcoal grilled baby back ribs and beef ribs. Beef ribs are pretty much ignored by most people cooking ribs, but man, they are great. Season them with salt and pepper, nothing else, then grill. Talk about good. Add some baked beans and you're set. I also diced up some tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc, mixed with black beans and some roasted corn (roast frozen corn in the oven), them add some lime juice and a few other things to make a top notch salsa.

We're about to pack up the above salsa and the family and head down to my parents house to spend the afternoon with my Dad and Grandfather. This evening we'll head to the in law's house to celebrate Father's day with them.

Shelly and I are fortunate to have great Dad's. I hope I am able to live up to their examples for my 2 boys.

No comments: