Sunday, June 01, 2008

Remembering...

I was walking along with Matthew today and I thought back to a couple of months ago when we went to the little park in our neighborhood. The park has a lake that has a BUNCH of ducks. A few years ago we had an oriental guy come and remove a bunch of them. I'm not certain, but I'm betting they ended up plucked and hanging on one of the restaurants in the Chinatown area of Houston. He needs to come back because there is a definite overpopulation.

These are not the Mallard type ducks, these are the larger, uglier pond ducks that seem to find their way to all parks. The sort of "other side of the tracks kind of ducks". Anyway, Matthew thinks it's hilarious to follow or chase the ducks until they jump back into the water and swim away. Well, on that particular day, I told Matthew to kick the duck in the butt, with the knowledge that no duck is going to let him get close enough to kick it.

WRONG... I think the only crippled duck in the county was the closest duck to Matthew at that point, and he punted that poor duck. Before it could register in my mind what had happened, he lined up for the extra point... Luckily, I managed to stop him just before he hung his size 10 kids shoe up the ducks nether regions. Just my luck, I tell him to do the impossible, and he gets it done... Thankfully, no one else saw it. I'd hate to have to explain that one to the SPCA... Luckily, the duck didn't seem to have been injured by the butt-kicking he received...

No comments: