Thursday, June 26, 2008

More gun stuff...

Open Carry? What do you think about that?

OK, I'm the first to say that I'm in full support of gun owners rights. I may or may not even own a weapon (It's really no one else's business if I do or not). I guess I support the premise of having the right to carry whether concealed or in plain sight, but I sort of question the mind-set.

Unfortunately, I believe that some of the supporters have the "My pecker is bigger than your pecker" mentality. They want to carry the biggest, baddest weapon on their hip to show how much of a bad-ass they are. Let me be clear, I support their right to do so, but I'm also entitled to my opinions and positions on that matter.

I'm not so sure of the absolute crime deterrent of some folks carrying a gun on their hip. Criminals are the lowest common denominator, but most of them aren't completely stupid. The guy with a gun on his hip is the guy that's going to be shot first in a hold-up. Keeping it hidden (concealed carry) will not make you an obvious target and might give you options if you find yourself in a bad spot.

That's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree in a civilized manner in the comments section

No comments: