Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Completely random photos... (explanations below the photos)

on edit: Clicking on the photos makes a REALLY large photo. I'll try to figure out how to correct this problem. Drop me a line if you already know how...

I was going through some of the photos on the computer to put on my facebook page, and I came across a few that I thought were pretty random, and most of them pretty funny.








I saw this billboard and make an illegal U-turn to go back and take a picture of it. Why? Because Reggie always talks about Cruzan Rum. I thought it would be fun to send a pic of a billboard in rural Texas to a guy in North Carolina that I've never actually met, but read his blog every day.




This is my grandfather, my mother, and my niece. I'm sure there are a million stories for this one. Feel free to leave a suggested tag line in comments.




This is a little shelf type deal above the front door in the entryway of our house. Once a year or so, it is necessary to get up there and vacuum the corners, etc to keep it looking clean. The plywood is to help spread the weight so my fat butt doesn't go crashing through...




That's my boy. Safety first when using power tools...




Not sure what this was all about... Matthew calls the hose on the vacuum cleaner his gun, so it was funny when we heard him in the office with the vacuum cleaner making shooting sounds and walked in to find this...




This is my friend Tommy and his son, John Thomas. We were riding the Austin Steam Train. Looks like Tommy is enjoying the train ride...




Insert sexual joke here... This was the handle on the emergency exit on the train car we were riding in.





This is probably the funniest photo I've ever taken. Matthew was potty training in June & July 2007. Yes, that's what it looks like on the floor in our downstairs hallway. Shelly was calling for me to help, but of course, I had to grab the camera first. She will kill me when the news of this photo gets back to her...


Enjoy, and feel free to leave comments or make up funny tag lines for any or all photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Shelly...Somehow I don't even think she will be surprised at any of this. But you still may be in for an earfull!

Anonymous said...

huh...you got in trouble for tommy's pic?! do you and tommy live near each other?
where exactly do you live?

MELackey said...

In the original pic of Tommy, he was giving me the finger (not unusual between Tommy and me...). We've been best friends since 6th grade, so we have an interesting dynamic. Tommy lives in the Western suburbs of Houston, we live in the NW suburbs of Houston. Not too far apart I guess. In Houston 30 or 45 minutes away isn't very far...