Monday, July 28, 2008

Losing my mind...

You know how sometimes you get sidetracked in performing a task?

Tonight I promised Shelly I would take her truck down the street and fill it with gas so she wouldn't have to do it on the way home. Of course, I got into the evening routine of cooking dinner, bathing Matthew, etc, and I forgot. Around 10:00, Shelly came in and found me sitting on the couch in my drawers watching TV and surfing the web. She asked me if I was going to put gas in her truck.

Of course, let me put some shorts on and I'll head out. I got up from the couch, picked up a few of Matthew's toys from the living room floor, and took my dessert plate into the kitchen. While I was in the kitchen, I washed the 3 or 4 dishes that were in the sink and put them in the dishwasher, then I headed out the door to get in the truck. I reached for my pocket to grab the keys... Not only are there no keys, but there is no pocket either...

I'm standing in the garage in my drawers (boxers for those interested), no keys, no wallet, no shoes, and no pants. I guess I'm losing my mind.

How funny would it have been if I had grabbed the keys off the counter and headed out, only to get to the gas station and reach for my wallet? Of course, I stopped at the store first to return a couple of DVD's we had rented the other night. I guess I could have made that stop without any real problems...

Anyone else have a similar problem?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep...life is sort of like that "If you give a pig a pancake" book...Eventually you finally remember what you started! Maybe it is time to get you the "stay on task" meds! MOST of the time they do what they are supposed to!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you left a message so I could find your blog! I just read through most of it and I would now like some stock options in the medical community in your area!ha! You brother need to get on some major prayer lists! Just kidding! So glad to hear from you...I'm going to keep reading!

MELackey said...

This blog has been alot of fun for me. I sometimes write about what's going on, and sometimes I take a stroll down memory lane. Along the way, I've probably shared things I shouldn't have, but I guess you have to be able to laugh at yourself.