Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The worlds most perfect food...

I was eating lunch today at a place called Gringo's. Obviously, it was a Mexican joint. I know there are 2 or 3 of them in Houston, possibly more in other places. The place is decent. Not the best Mexican around (that would be Doneraki), but decent all the same.

As I was sitting there eating my Chimichanga, it hit me that I was eating the perfect food item. Think about it. You are basically eating a burrito. Everyone loves burritos. If you don't, you just haven't had a good one. I imagine one day years back, a couple of Mexicans were sitting around thinking about how good burritos were, when one of them, in a stroke of pure genius, decided to deep fry the burrito. Voila, the Chimichanga.

That has to go down on the list of the most important historical inventions...

Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin, Henry Ford brought us the modern assembly line, and some Mexican guy brought us the Chimichanga.

Brilliant.

No comments: