Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Apparently Not Impressive...

By now, you all know the story behind the word "Impressive". You also know that my mom doesn't think it's quite as amusing as I do. Add my sister to the list of the unimpressed. Over the weekend, we joked a little about it and Matthew used the word a couple of times. Apparently my 5 yr old David) and 8 yr old (Nicholas) nephews thought it was pretty funny also.

Well, Staci told David that if she heard it again, she would wash his mouth out with soap. Needless to say, within about a minute, that poor kid was blowing bubbles. Apparently once they got home, Nicholas let one go, and gave Staci that "What are you gonna do about it" look, just before saying "Impressive". She didn't agree, and he got a round with the wooden spoon. Looks like Uncle Mark is quite a bad influence on the nephews. Sorry, guys. My bad.

Now for a funny Matthew story...

It was a little before 10PM Sunday night, and we were about 30 minutes from home. We had eaten a late dinner in Livingston (Mexican), and I was starting to feel the effects. Of course, being the gentleman I am, I leaned over and played a tune. Shelly protested (of course). When the bouquet hit, she was protesting even more and told me to roll down my window. That's when we heard the voice from the backseat "Impressive". I started laughing, and Shelly told him it was NOT impressive, it was terrible. Of course, my little man insisted that it was indeed impressive. After a little back and forth with Matthew and I against Shelly, Matthew said a new word from the backseat "Outnumbered, Mommy." Heh, heh, heh, that's my boy.

Shelly is praying that our next child is a little girl.

No comments: