Friday, August 31, 2007

More fun with telemarketers...

I think the telemarketers are getting the message that I'm not a fun person to call. It's been a while since one of them has called me. Until last night...

We were in the kitchen and I was cooking one of my specialties for dinner. The phone rang and I answered it without checking caller ID (I usually don't bother to check before answering). The young lady on the other end asked to speak with the "female head of household." Can you see where this is headed? Well, everyone knows, that there can only be one head of household, and in the traditional sense, (in the South anyway) that would be the man. That's me.

I answered "We don't have one of those here." She stammered a little, likely because she heard Shelly talking to Matthew in the background. I said "I'm the head of the household, is there something I can help you with?" She said, "There is no female head of household?"

Ok, she's not getting it...

I said "There is a 'Lady of the House', but no female head of household."

The lights are starting to glow for this girl, and she says "well, can I speak to her?".

My reply? "Nope, it wouldn't do any good since I make all of the decisions."

She hung up on me.

Shelly just shook her head at me. She told me that if she thought I actually felt that way, she would smack me.

No comments: