Thursday, August 16, 2007

One of those days...

Ever have one of those days that you think you should have just stayed in bed? Today was one of those days for me... Here are the events:

Car dealership...

One of the negotiated points of the car purchase last week was a 3rd key and key fob. One of the deals with the new Altima is the intelligent key. It's pretty slick, but you need 2 working key fobs to be able to program a new one. I suppose you could get one done, but it is likely more expensive to get it done. They had not programmed the 3rd key when I picked the car up, so the plan was for me to go back and get it done at another time. The salesman said it would take about 30 minutes, and the service dept opened at 7:30 am. The plan was to go in around 7:30 this morning, let them do their thing, and make it to work around 8:30 or so. Easy enough, right?

Well, that's not the way things worked today. I got there around 7:40, and had to wait a few minutes to get someone to help me. At that point, they told me the tech's don't arrive until 8:00, and by the time they got things set up, they wouldn't be through until 9:30. Obviously, that's not going to work, and not what the salesman told me. What a hassle that I will end up needing to drop it off and leave it with them for a day to get it done.

Lazy Cop...

I went to a new BBQ place for lunch today. When the others in the office found out where I was going, they asked me to get take-out for everyone and bring it back to eat. It was raining when I got there, and there were cop cars (Constable) parked in the to go parking right by the building. I had to park around back and get a little wet. I go inside, and it looks like a friggin cop convention in there. Lazy mofo's probably eating free, and taking up the to-go parking.

Dinner...

Matthew is with Mom and Dad tonight, so we decided to have a date night. We planned to eat at On the Border then watch "No Reservations". Well, who would think that they would have a 20 minute wait for dinner at this place on a Thursday night. A rainy Thursday night. Not a problem, we headed to McAlister's Deli for a quick sandwich before the movie. Good plan? Not today. The time on the receipt from when we ordered was 7:07PM. Food arrival? 7:39PM. Ok if they were busy, but there were only 6 or 7 people ahead of us when we arrived. And my Pastrami on toasted sourdough was COLD. I take it up to the counter and the lady said "Is it cold?" Yes, it took 32 minutes to make me a sandwich, and it's cold. Ok, I'm beyond mad. I was EXTREMELY nice to these people. The lady said she would get it heated up for me. 8 minutes later, I went back up to the counter. Another employee asked through the little window where the re-heated sandwich was. The chick in the back looks around and hands it back through. A little warmer, but obviously sitting back on the counter a few minutes since it was finished heating. Still not hot. The girl at the counter offered to have them make me another one. Yeah, right. Almost 40 minutes into a visit, and a movie starting in less than 5 minutes, I don't have time for that.

I did take a comment card.

And a Movie...

We go across the parking lot and get into the theatre for the movie. We get into the theatre, and the A/C is out. Crap. Luckily, it cooled off here today with the Tropical Storm remnants we had. It was a little warm, but not completely unbearable.


OK, I have to admit, there were a few high points....

The BBQ place at lunch took 5-10 minutes to get the order together. The manager deemed that to be unacceptable, so the lunch was free. Not bad. I like that place already. Oh, and the food was good. 3 cheers for Spring Creek BBQ.

And the warm movie theatre? We were met by the manager as we left the theatre. He had free passes we can use the next time out. I like that.

Up for tomorrow? I'm dropping the car off to get the windows tinted. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with that.

No comments: