Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sold the truck... NOT

Mid morning this morning, the guy from yesterday called me and said he had gone to the bank and had my $8,000 ready for the truck. I told him good, call me when you have the rest and we can get together and finish the deal if I haven't already sold it to someone else. He tried to negotiate me down a little more, but I told him I was busy, either he would pay my price or he wouldn't. He finally agreed and we arranged a time and place to meet.

Ok, where I have the truck parked (father-in-law's office), is about 40 minutes from my office. Shelly also needed to be there to sign the title, so we worked out our afternoon around picking Matthew up and meeting this guy.

When I am almost to the meeting place and time, the jackass called me and told me he wouldn't be buying it because he had bought another Tahoe. Man, this guy is really trying to piss me off. In Texas, that has to be a hanging offense. Why in the hell would he bother to call me and agree on a price (significantly below my original asking price) if he wasn't interested.

Well, I guess I'll post another ad. This time, these jokers will have to come to me instead of me driving all over creation to meet them.

No comments: