Sunday, August 26, 2007

Geez, it's hot...

I woke up this morning around 8 AM. I wanted to go back to sleep, but the strong urge to "make water" told me that I better go ahead and get up. With that task taken care of, I got back in bed with the hopes of sleeping a little longer. Of course, my better senses were telling me that I better get up and cut the grass before it got too hot. I got dressed and headed out to take care of the yard. It was already too hot...

Luckily, Shelly was willing to help, so we knocked it out. Generally, I go out and make a lap or so around everything with the mower. By this time, Shelly is out and ready to help. I do the weed-eating, edging, and blowing off while she takes care of the rest of the mowing. I must say it was miserable outside today. My clothes were completely soaked, and I had to stop every couple of minutes to wipe the sweat from my forehead to keep it out of my eyes. I finished mowing the back yard and Shelly moved on to weeding the flower beds. She did a great job, and our place looks well cared for again.

You know it's hot outside when you can't get cold water out of your faucets. After finishing outside, I was wanting a COLD shower to help bring the body temperature down. I LOVE cold showers after working outside in the heat. No luck on this day. I'd swear that the water coming out of the cold water tap had to have been at least 80 degrees, and likely closer to 85. I guess it's technically cold enough to cool your body temperature, but not enough to be refreshing. Next time, I'll fill the bath tub up and add ice cubes to get the desired temperature.

No comments: