Thursday, August 09, 2007

Selling the Tahoe...

I'm sitting here thinking about cleaning the Tahoe a little and listing it for sale. You know, I really like my Tahoe. I'm sort of having some reservations about selling it. Of course, I need to sell it since we are not made of money and it makes no sense to keep a vehicle that is not needed. Shelly actually bought it before we got married, but I negotiated the deal for her and basically ordered it the way I wanted it (bigger V-8, towing package, locking rear diff, etc, etc). She didn't care what else it had as long as it had leather seats and a sunroof.

I don't remember the exact date, but it was in August of 2000 when we picked it up. We ordered it just as they were starting to take orders for 2001 models in either June or July of that year. The day we picked it up was also the day we picked out the diamond and setting for Shelly's engagement ring. Lots of miles and memories in that truck. Sure, we have the Expedition, but it has pretty much always been hers (she took it away from me about a week after I bought it).

Anyone else ever feel a little remorse over selling a vehicle they have had since it was new?

Of course, with the amount of miles we tend to travel and the price of gasoline, I'll get over it pretty quickly.

No comments: