Sunday, June 17, 2007

German Chocolate Cake...

As many of you know, I'll eat just about anything. I do, however, have a few items I don't like. One of these items is coconut. Now, I like the flavor of coconut, I just can't stand grated coconut in things I'm eating. German Chocolate cake is one of those things. Some butt-head went and created a recipe that just ruins a perfectly good chocolate cake by slathering some sort of coconut slime on top of it.

One of my jobs in college was at a bank as a teller. I worked the drive-through for the 2-7 afternoon shift. Tommy also worked for this bank, but at another branch. I actually took his shift at this particular branch when he transferred to a full-time shift at another branch.

Well, on my birthday, they surprised me with a cake. You guessed it, German Chocolate. Now, what do you do in this situation? I did the only thing I knew how to do. I choked that nasty crap down and thanked them graciously for thinking of me. A little while later, the head teller tole me they weren't sure what king of cake I liked to they called Tommy to ask him. Apparently he told them I LOVED German Chocolate and would tear one up if they got it for me. Yeah, 2+2=4. Tommy had gotten me.

Well, at just after 4, when the lobby of the bank closed, and just me and another teller were there, the phone rang. "FNB, this is Mark...", on the other end I hear Tommy's voice "How was that cake, jackass..." Good one, man.

No comments: