Monday, July 30, 2007

Back Home...

After a weekend with family, we are happy to be home again. This was a pretty good weekend. Matthew had a great time climbing all over Grandaddy, and Grandaddy seemed to enjoy playing with Matthew. It's good to see them interract like that.

I'm happy to report that Grandaddy's buffet restaurant was as good as he told us it was. All of the food was fresh and tasty. They had just about anything you wanted as long as it was fried, along with the usual assortment of vegetables you would expect in that part of the country (peas, turnip greens, okra, lima beans, etc, etc). I also had hot water cornbread for the first time since college. I need to learn how to make that stuff. Dang, it was good.

About that family reunion... I need to be very careful about what I say. My Dad let on that he found my blog (Thanks alot, Staci). We had a good time at the reunion. The food was good, and the people were nice. Of course, you have the usual group of old people that seem to have nothing else to talk about but their ailments. I heard about back pain, leg pain, arthritis, etc. One of the men kept telling us he was losing his memory. I guess he didn't remember that he had already told us... While it is good to see all of these folks again, it is sort of sad to see them in such bad physical shape, and obviously not enjoying themselves anymore.

No comments: