Thursday, July 26, 2007

Birthday Parties...

I hate going to kids birthday parties, but as a parent it's something that is part of the deal. Next weekend we are having a party for Matthew's 3rd birthday. His birthday was actually last week, but his cousin's on Shelly's side were out of town last weekend, and the ones on my side are out this weekend. So, next weekend it is.

The last 2 years, we have tried for low key, mostly family type deals. The first year we had 35 or so people in my house. Last year, my parents hosted 25 or so people. These are just relatives, not even Matthew's daycare buddies.

This year, we are inviting all of the other little kids. God only knows how many will be there, but we rented out the play room deal at our church and will have an inflatable for them to jump in. Throw in some party favors and pizza for the crowd, and I've just dropped $400 or so smackers. Am I the only one that thinks that's a pile of money for a kid's party? Well, at least that crowd isn't coming to my house.

If we have a second child, I hope the birthdays are close so we can combine parties.

No comments: