Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The jig is up...

This week my parents are doing what all grandparents do on occasion. They are keeping Matthew for a few days, basically spoiling him rotten. Well, tonight my Mom called me. Apparently Matthew let one go (that's a polite way to say he farted). Being the polite sort, my mom said "Matthew, what do we say when we toot?" "IMPRESSIVE!!" was his reply. Heh, heh, heh, That's my boy. Well, she then told him that the correct answer was "Excuse me", to which he said "No, Nani, Impressive!!"

Well, she worked with him a little bit, and supposedly got him to say "excuse me". Then she called me and put Matthew on the phone. She said "Tell Daddy what we say", and he said "Impressive!!" Haha. I heard her in the background saying "NO", but Matthew just laughed and repeated "Impressive". Yep, that's my boy.

I do have to say that my mother is pretty persistent. By the time I get him back tomorrow night, She will probably have ruined the joke and have him saying "excuse me". Oh, well. I guess he needs to learn it sooner or later.

No comments: