Friday, July 27, 2007

Bad Food...

After work today, we loaded up the truck and hit the highway for Grandpa's house. It was about dinner time, so we were looking for a place to eat. Shelly saw a sign for a restaurant called "The Hot Biscuit", and wanted to try it. The place seemed ok, maybe a little dated on the interior, but fine for a small town that is basically just a whistle stop on the highway.

They had a buffet for Friday night that seemed to include some of just about everything on the menu for $6.99. Given that most items on the menu were about that price, we decided for the buffet. We should have opted for the usual fast food meal ordered through a speaker and delivered through the car window.

This place was complete CRAP. To top it off, I got a piece of what I thought was smothered steak. One bite, and I knew I had made a terrible mistake. It was LIVER. I thought I was going to have to lick the sole of my shoe to get that awful taste out of my mouth.

I am convinced that if you find a small town in the Southeast and serve large quantities of food at low prices, the quality of the food is irrelevant. People will come because it is cheap and lots of it. There was a restaurant full of oversized Bubba's (and Bertha's) loading up on this crap like there was no tomorrow. I give it a negative 1 out of 5 stars. It would have been worse than that, but their sweet tea was freshly made and just right.

Note to Katie, I know I said last week that sweet tea covers a multitude of sins, but that was before we found this place.

God, I hope that place Granddaddy wants to go tomorrow is better than this.

No comments: