Saturday, July 07, 2007

Crime in my own backyard...

This has been an interesting day. I woke up and as is my habit, I looked out of the back window. In the rear parking area of the warehouse they are constructing behind us, there was a black BMW parked. Next to that, there was a blue truck and a Hispanic couple. They walked around the car a time or 2, the left in the truck. I thought it was strange, but went about my business. This afternoon, I walked back there and knew instantly my suspicion was correct. The interior of the car had been stripped. No seats, no stereo, no airbag, no nothing but a steering wheel and a wooden box that had apparently been used to sit on.

A call to the police got the car removed, but the county sheriff's deputy told me it was a city police case, and they didn't want to take a report of what I had seen (including the name of a catering company from the side of the truck I saw leaving the area this morning). They told me to call the city police and tell them what I saw if I wanted to, but it wasn't their case. Wow, crack team of law enforcement we have around here. And these are the guys the libs keep telling us will be there to protect us if we are in trouble. Yep, just one more reason to exercise the opportunity to carry your own protection. Call the police, but be prepared to handle on your own should you need to.

No comments: