Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dinner in a flash...

I came home from work today and finished mowing the yard. I started Saturday, but ran out of daylight and was only able to mow the front yard. Today I took care of the trimming and the back yard. After I finished, I started on my little rock project.

When we were at the ranch a couple of weeks ago, I loaded up my trailer with rocks. A few are pretty good size (70-80 lbs or so), but most are small flat rocks. I'm going to build a little wall around the edge of our flower beds by stacking them 3 or 4 high all around the border. Should be interesting since I dislike landscaping almost as much as I dislike painting.

While I was working in the flower bed, a pizza delivery guy drove up and walked up the driveway. I didn't order a pizza, and Shelly wasn't home yet. I told the guy I didn't order one, and he tells me maybe not, but someone ordered one from here. I look and see Shelly driving up the street, so I figure it must have been her. I paid the guy $21 - all of the cash I had, but he did get a $3 tip. I pick up my tools and go inside to eat. Shelly says "What made you order a pizza?"

You see where this is heading. I didn't order it, she didn't order it... Man, and I even tipped the guy. Well, the delivery consisted of 1 pizza and 2 paper bags. The pizza was a thin crust hamburger. Not bad, that's what we sometimes order. One of the bags had a salad with ranch dressing, the other had an order of chicken strips. SCORE!! I couldn't have ordered better myself. Now I have to wonder... Which of my neighbors spent the evening cheesed off at the pizza place? Maybe tomorrow night they will order General Tso's Chicken with a couple of egg rolls.

No comments: