Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Reprieve!!!

I've been let off the hook. Last night, I felt bad about Shelly having to repaint the wall (back to blue) by herself while I goofed off with the blog deal. So, I went down there and helped. Just a little though. It is just as I remember it. I still hate painting.

This morning as were we going through our normal morning routine, I mentioned the next stab at faux painting. Apparently we are going to put off the next attempt until next month. YES!!! I must be living right. Instead, we'll spend the weekend (and likely every spare minute of next week) cleaning the house. Now, the house isn't dirty, it's just infested with a couple of people who have never been accused of being neatniks. Not even close.

My friend Katie and her family are coming in next weekend for best friend Tommy's son's 2nd birthday party. I invited them to stay in our guest room, which they accepted. One slight problem... Our guest room is hidden under a pile of debris. There is at least one full SUV worth of clothing that needs to go to the clothes closet we always donate to. Easy enough, just load it into the back and haul it down there. Not so fast, Buster...

I mentioned before that Shelly is an accountant (CPA, CFP, etc). That's not a clothing donation amassing in the other room, it's a charitable contribution, ie itemized deduction. All of that stuff has to be inventoried, put on a list, etc so we can claim it on next years taxes. Not a big deal? You forget something... I'm LAZY. Well, crunch time is here. These are my friends, I issued the invitation, so I better get in gear. Katie, I know you are reading this - I promise that I will at least have a narrow path to the bed cleared, and Shelly will make sure the sheets are clean. I can't promise anything about short-sheeting...

No comments: