Friday, May 25, 2007

Heading to the ranch...

As the holiday weekend is upon us, we are planning for our annual Memorial Day weekend at the ranch. We typically don't go back out there again until Labor Day or so due to the heat. Of course, $3+ per gallon gasoline also tends to keep you from making too many summer trips out there.

This is going to be a pretty good weekend. My friend Tommy and his family are joining us this weekend. In fact, they went out this morning. The bonus for me is that Tommy has already picked up all of the groceries and has everything set up, so all we have to do is just show up. Imagine that... We're the hosts, but someone else has done all of the work. I'm definitely going to have to make sure they get invited back again.

According to the news and the guy that is our ranch hand of sorts, the place is REALLY wet again. It rained on Tommy and Joanna ALL day today, and it's 50% or better all weekend. When it's wet out there, things are REALLY muddy. With all of the toys we have there, (ATV's, 4wd, tractors, etc), we should be in for some fun. I wonder how many of the items we will get stuck and have to pull out of the mud? The last time there, I almost lost my Tahoe in the lake, so you never know what might happen. Check back in a few days, maybe there will be some pictures.

I hope you all have a safe holiday weekend.

No comments: