Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sales calls...

So, we're eating dinner tonight and the phone rings. Shelly looks at the little caller id screen and hands it to me. It's a random 888 number with no name. Heh, heh, heh - I'm about to have some fun... It's someone calling on behalf the stupid Honda dealership (see earlier post). Get this - they wanted to know why I didn't buy a car from them last Saturday. Oh yeah, this call may be recorded for quality purposes.

Well, they got a recording. Maybe because I wasn't planning to buy a car!!! If the guy or the manager had bothered listening to me... Note to sales guys - the first lesson in sales school is to listen to your customer. Next lesson, after listening, figure out who is a prospect and who is a suspect. Seeing how the first thing I told this guy that I was not a current prospect, he failed 2 questions at once. Idiot.

To top it all off, the sales guy had left a message on the machine today asking me to call him so he could tell me about some specials they have this week. Idiot.

I knew I shouldn't have given the guy my phone number.

No comments: